« Back to events list
« Back to list
Seeking Shelter Late
Explore the Sukkot: Seeking Shelter installation after hours and enjoy art installations, crafts and talks inspired by themes of journeys, migration and shelter.
This event is held in partnership with Counterpoints Arts and Camden Council.
- Hear Lord Dubs speak about his experience of coming to the UK as a child on the Kindertransport and fighting for the rights of refugees
- Delve deeper with artist Bern O'Donoghue who will creating a moving installation of paper boats
- Explore the experience of being a refugee and create your own ID card from gingerbread with artist Orly Orbach
- Be part of the New Union Flag project with artist Gil Mualem Doron
- Listen to fantastic singer Haymanot Tesfa, an Ethiopian singer who came to Britain as a refugee
- Enjoy spoken word performances from Edin Suljic and Alev Adil who will be sharing their refugee experience
- Learn more about Camden based EMMA magazine, the publication giving homeless people a voice
- Look at objects that have travelled from around the world and learn the stories of the refugees and migrants that brought them to the UK in this talk with our Curator
- Listen to live music, performances, talks and much more!
Counterpoints Arts work with in collaboration - with artists and cultural organisations to support, produce and promote the arts by and about migrants and refugees.
This exhibition forms part of the Migration Festival programme for our Sukkot: Seeking Shelter installation
Download the Seeking Shelter Late programme for more info and timings
Box office: 020 7284 7384 / firstname.lastname@example.org